New Community Grant Cycle Announcement: The Greater Milford Community Health Network Area (CHNA 6) is committed to working with municipalities and nonprofit organizations to
improve the health of the region. In recent years, CHNA 6 has offered grants to address specific objectives of the 2015 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). This “collective impact”
strategy will allow for lasting social change around health issues identified as part of the Community Health Assessment. The CHNA 6 Steering Committee recognizes that valuable community projects may
fit with the overall priorities of the CHIP but do not address specific objectives and strategies. The Community Grants Program was designed to support these projects, with a special emphasis on
smaller community-based and/or grassroots organizations.
2018 Community Grant Dates:
- June 14, 2018: Required Notification of Intent to Apply due (click here for
- September 14, 2018: All grant proposals due by 4 pm (click here for grant
- October 26, 2018: Grants announced
To learn more about the grant guidelines and important dates, click here.
Thank you: We would like to thank all those who attended our last CHNA 6 meeting on May 18, 2018! We would like to thank the following presenters:
- Community Health Assessment Update:
- Donna Boynton, PR/Community Benefits Coordinator, Milford Regional Medical Center
- Mini-Grant presentation – New Hope:
- “Responsive Violence Prevention Care for Underserved Populations”
- Marie Palermo, Operations Director
- Social Media Presentation – Social Capital Inc., AmeriCorps:
- Michelle Frizzell, Volunteer Outreach Coordinator at Bottom Line
- Katie Russo, Volunteer Outreach Coordinator at Social Capital Inc.
We would like to thank all CHNA 6 members for being a part of our network this season and applaud everyone's effort to work together to build healthier communities and create sustainable change!
We will be continuing our meetings in September and would like to wish everyone a happy and safe summer!
Resources and Events:
Our monthly newsletter will also help connect you to valuable resources and events in the area. Please send all items you would like to be added to our
newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Check out this months events and resources:
- Cornerstone at Milford:
- Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center:
- Hockomock Area YMCA:
- Milford High School and Milford Massachusetts Foundation for Education:
- Milford Youth Center:
- Tri-Valley, Inc.:
2018-2019 CHNA Meeting Dates:
Don't forget to put all our upcoming meetings, starting next Fall, in your calendar so you don't miss out! All Meetings will be held from 9:00 -
11:00 AM at the Ruth Anne Bleakney Senior Center (located at 60 N. Bow St., Milford, MA 01757):
- September 14, 2018
- November 16, 2018
- January 18, 2019
- March 15, 2019
- May 17, 2019