Thank You Fr. Mac!
On behalf of the Steering Committee and the entire CHNA 6 community, we would like to wish Fr. Mac Murray good luck and safe travels as he embarks on his retirement and move to the West Coast! Fr.
Mac will be missed for all that he does for the community and for his over 7 years of involvement with CHNA 6, as a Steering Committee member, Treasurer and most recently Chair. We are so happy
for him and are grateful for his guidance and commitment to the Greater Milford area over the years!
Thank you Presenters!
We would like to thank all those who attended our second CHNA 6 meeting on November 15, 2019! Thank you to Rev. Christopher Carlisle, Director of the Building Bridges Veterans Initiative, for his
presentation "Veteran Resources" and Fr. Mac for his update on "Pathway to A Better Life, an emergency shelter system in Milford!
We hope to see you all at our next scheduled meeting and Bidders Conference on Friday, January 17, 2020.
Fall Grant Announcement!
The CHNA 6 Steering Committee recognizes that valuable community projects may fit with the overall priorities of the Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) but do not address specific
objectives and strategies. The Community Grants Program was designed to support these projects, with a special emphasis on smaller community-based and/or grassroots organizations. We would like
to congratulate the following grant awardees:
- Abundant Care Inc.: "Personal Products for Underserved and Immigrant Populations”
- Franklin Senior Center: "Treadmill Replacement"
- Hopedale Public Schools (Bright Beginnings Center): "Bright Beginnings Center Pyramid Model Implementation"
- Medway Public Schools: "Rachel's Challenge”
- Milford Public Schools: "Botvin Life Skills Training”
- Milford Youth Center: "MYC Boxing Ring”
- Tri-Valley Inc.: "Benefits Enrollment Counselor”
We would like to thank everyone who applied and applaud all the great work that is happening in our community. We would also like to extend a huge thank you to all the members of the Grant Review
Committee, who volunteered their time to review the grants!
Keys to Successful Grantwriting!
We would like to invite CHNA 6 members to participate in a grantwriting workshop!
- When: Thursday, February 13, 2020 (Snow Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020)
- Time: 8:30 am – 12 noon
- Presenter: Dodi Swope, adjunct faculty member at Clark University and Senior Consultant at Investing in Girls Alliance.
- Location: Ruth Anne Bleakney Senior Center (located at 60 N. Bow St., Milford, MA 01757
- Fee: $10/person. Light breakfast included
- Audience: Those new to grantwriting and those who want to assure they’re up-to-the-minute in their grantwriting approach.
- To Register: Submit this form by Friday,
January 24, 2020. You will receive an email confirmation. Space is limited and registration is not complete until payment recieved.
- Cancellation policy: Because we incur costs and may be unable to fill your seat, refunds will not be made for cancellations made within one week of workshop.
Writing successful grant proposals doesn’t have to be a mysterious process. Whatever your funding target may be – a particular foundation, corporation, or government funder – there are certain
steps that are generally the same and key areas that deserve special attention.
In this session you will focus on:
- Asking good questions up front – “Are we the right organization to do this and why?” and “What is the amount of change we can promise?”
- Clarity of goals and objectives
- The roles of needs assessment, logic models, theory of change, and partnerships
- How to stay “in the know” about grantwriting trends
- If you have a project in mind, or an idea that you’d like to develop, bring it with you. If you don’t, come anyway! You’ll leave with a solid understanding of what goes into a competitive
proposal that, combined with research on funders likely to have an interest in your project, will position you for success.
Presenter Dodi Swope is a training and technical assistance specialist at Oklahoma University's Southwest Prevention Center. She teaches a graduate level course in grantwriting at Clark
University through the International Development Community and Environment department. Dodi is also a public health consultant, facilitator and trainer.
Join the Steering Committee!
The Steering Committee is looking for new members! The steering committee meets every other month to set agenda for general CHNA 6 meetings, approve recommendations of the grants committee, and
members serve on one of the subcommittees; finance, outreach/education or grants distribution. The commitment is about 10 hours a month. If you are interested, please submit this brief application by
February 7, 2020 to email@example.com
Don't forget to put all our upcoming meetings in your calendar so you don't miss out! All Meetings will be held from 9:00 - 11:00 AM at the Ruth Anne Bleakney Senior Center (located at 60 N. Bow St.,
Milford, MA 01757).
For complete list of meetings see here:
- January 17, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- May 15, 2020